You’re all beautiful! And not because of how you look, that is unimportant! You are smart and kind. You are a good person! That is all that matters, aesthetic qualities don’t. BEAUTY IS SUBJECTIVE. You are beautiful no matter what physical qualities you possess. It’s so much worse to look back and think of the things you didn’t do when you had the opportunity, than to look back at the things you did do— Do what makes you happy and wear what makes you happy. Your personality is what makes you beautiful and if anyone says otherwise, they REALLY aren’t worth your time.
I’m Not a Joke is a campaign spreading awareness for the LGBTI community through art and design, created by Daniel Arzola (@Arzola_d) for the school of Visual Arts Rafael Monasterios in light of the recent violent acts against the sexually diverse community in Venezuela. It initially seeks to expand in the online community. If you’d like to share your opinion please do so via twitter using the hashtag #ImNotaJoke. Like our page on Facebook and share our designs to support our cause!
Photo reblogged from with 6,333 notes
It really is this simple…. but nobody said it’s easy. Planning is your best friend in health and in business. Schedule, schedule, schedule!
- Sleep is so important. Studies have shown that if you are sleep deprived your hormones tend to be off. Have you ever noticed when you’re tired, you’re more likely to look for comfort through food? That’s not and accident! Additionally, when you’re tired you are less likely to be motivated to prepare your meals ahead of time or exercise. Sleeplessness can be quite counterproductive. Try to go to bed at the same time each night, power down the electronics at least one hour before bed time, dim the lights, ditch caffeine by 3:00, and try to rise at the same time each day.
- Eat clean: you know the drill! Shop the perimeter of the store, try to buy organic when you can, keep your foods simple, look for items that don’t need an ingredients list, eat lean proteins, whole grains (if you do grains), and keep your diet heavy on the veggies.
- Water: drink half your body weight in ounces - add more for hot weather or sweaty activities.
- Exercise: some is always better than none. Try for at least three days per week, but preferably five days.
- REPEAT! Consistency is key!
A healthy lifestyle is merely a series of habits. Over time they become as natural as brushing your teeth - you feel GROSS if you don’t do it! Keep yourself organized so you don’t feel stressed out about adding these activities to your schedule. Use a planner or your cell phone to help you keep a To-Do List. Make out your list either the night before or first thing in the morning and include at least two items that will help you with your health and fitness, the items that you MUST do or there will be dire consequences, and two items that will propel you ahead in either your work or your schooling.
Really it comes down to the good old Nike philosophy: JUST DO IT!
Photoset reblogged from with 1,974 notes
A healthy lifestyle, to me, means giving your body everything it deserves. It means living in a way that is good for your physical health- nutrition & fitness- and emotional health. These 6 tips help on all counts! They burn calories in healthy ways that are sustainable and on top of that are great ways to give yourself some “you” time to collect yourself, focus and unwind. The idea is to pick however many of these you want daily to make small lifestyle changes that, in the long run, make a big difference! (Remember, 1 pound= 3500 calories burned so doing just one of these each day burns nearly an extra pound per month!)
For more nutrition & fitness tips and ideas go here! :)
Dove had an FBI-trained sketch artist draw women based on how they saw themselves versus how others saw them.
i feel likt because i can draw… i should do this around campus… :|
You try so hard to take care of everyone else
That you forget to take care of yourself
Photoset reblogged from with 6,320 notes
she’s so adorable
I can’t even begin to explain how attracted I am to her. She is just breathtaking to me.
What they did not want you to ever find out is that your generation, the generation born between 1980-1995, actually outnumbers the Baby Boomers. They knew that if you ever turned your eye towards political reform, you could change the world. They tried to keep you sated on vapid television shows and vapid music. They cut off your education and fed you brain candy. They took away your music and gave you Top Ten pop stations. They cut off your art and replaced it with endless reality shows for you to plug into, hoping you would sit quietly by as they ran the world. We as a society are only as strong as our weakest link. Give ‘em hell, kids.
Post reblogged from with 64,369 notes
overly confident fat girls are extremely annoying
It’s a good thing I’m not here for your acceptance or approval.
Page 1 of 5